Featured Licensed Producer of the Month!
Resgister Today for your free assessment.
Make a Referral
Download our Referral Form today.
Eligibility for Medical Cannabis Use
Under Health Canada’s ACMPR program, tens of thousands of Canadians may legally possess and use medical cannabis. When used as part of a health care strategy, Cannabis for Therapeutic Purposes (CTP) is an effective and safe adjunct or alternative to other pharmaceuticals. The decision to prescribe medicinal cannabis is made solely by a Medical Doctor (MD) in consultation with the patient. Our counsellors evaluate patient eligibility through a pre-examination questionnaire, medical document acquisition, and patient interview. In most cases our physicians require a referral – if this is not possible, please contact our staff to make arrangements with one of our physicians. Medical documentation must be available from your physician, records department, clinic, or hospital. Following the patient/physician consultation, patients will work with one of our educators and a decision will be made as to which Licensed Producer (LP), strain, or oil best suits their needs. Recommendations will be made based on medical history, patient consultation, the patient’s previous cannabis experience, and physician oversight.
Despite plans for Canada to legalize cannabis (marijuana) by fall of 2018, unregulated possession of the drug remains illegal — unless it is included as part of a health care strategy. A medical cannabis prescription is most often issued to relieve chronic pain or address other aliments such as arthritis, colitis/Crohn’s, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Conditions Treated by Medical Cannabis
Medical cannabis is an effective treatment alternative for patients suffering from a number of different health conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injury/Disease
- Cancer & Cancer Treatments
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Pain & Nausea
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Colitis & Crohn’s Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia Migraines
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Muscle Spasms
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Anxiety & Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
The Clinic Network assesses if patients are eligible for medical cannabis treatment under the ACMPR. If patients are qualified, TCN authorizes them to use medical cannabis for therapeutic purposes and refers them to a Licensed Producer.
- The Clinic Network is not a dispensary; we neither inventory nor provide direct medication.
- The Clinic Network cannot provide patients with a family physician or specialist to provide primary care.
- The Clinic Network will provide patients with a physician from one of our centres who will review pre-existing medical history and determine eligibility.
- The Clinic Network will provide patient education, complete their medical documentation, and submit qualified patients to the LP of their choice.